Dear Family, Friday December 5th 2008
I went to a review for Art History first thing in the morning, and stayed there until I had lunch with my host family at 1.
After lunch I ran off to a Christmas Market with Willow, then to a second hand store. I found a maybe for a Dirndl. It definitely isn't traditional though...so we'll see if I can find anything better.
We sprinted off to the Opera House afterwards, and got in line for the standing room tickets. While in line we studied vocabulary and planned out the next 11 days of my life. There is way too much to shove into 11 days, so we cut the list in half, and then again, and then again, and then again. I only have three more days of school, but then I have finals, and a final paper, so I'm going to be booked with homework (get it?) until next Friday, and then I only have three days left, but really two because Sunday doesn't really count as a day. I am very stressed out about this.
We saw “The Barber of Seville” tonight. It was amazing. Definitely my favorite opera. I am so glad I finally decided to go—I was really tired, I have a lot of homework, and I have so much to do. I had been so tempted to just turn in early, but I do not regret it at all. Everyone sang amazingly, the set was mind-boggling, and I was laughing so hard throughout the entire performance. The Count was so funny and sang so well, he was ridiculously attractive. I really wish I had looked up the plot before I went, but I understood everything that was going on, so it doesn't really matter all that much I guess. Anyway, if you ever get the chance to go to “Barber of Seville” for €4, it is well worth your money. Just wait until I get home and can do impersonations of some of those characters for you! Oh, and just to get you excited about it; it involved LOADS of hand expressions.
Love,
Anna
P.S. May I also mention that I have worn holes in the bottoms of 5 socks now? It's getting slightly ridiculous. I don't feel like I walk that much at all, but could it really be my shoes? One of the socks was pretty close to new. It's so strange! I come home, and realize why the bottom of my foot was slightly uncomfortable for half of the day. Weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment